Tired of following generic diet plans that don’t work? Or, maybe they work for a little while then stop working altogether? Well, it’s not you! It’s the diet. No two people are alike, so why should we put everyone on the same diet plan and expect superior results? What may work for YOU or fit YOU may not be good for someone else, and vice versa. Thus, I have put together a comprehensive series that aims to teach you how to create a top notch customized diet plan to help you achieve your goals faster and effortlessly. Designing a custom diet plan that fits your goals, availability, food preferences and starting point doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, it SHOULDN’T be hard at all. Throughout this series, you will learn the following:
- Basics of creating an effective diet plan.
- How to make it work for you.
- How to design a diet plan that fits your own goal whether it’s to lose weight, lose fat, build muscle or a combination of those goals.
- What are calories and macronutrients? And what role does each macronutrient play in transforming your physique and improving your health?
- You will learn about sports supplements and which ones you should invest in.
- Much more than I could simply fit in a few bullet points.
Simply, click on each article below to open it in a new window. Make sure you start with the first article in the series and read each article in order since they are all built upon each other. Do NOT SKIP articles. You will learn something new, I promise.
- Why Diets Don’t Work. The Truth
- Creating a Diet Plan – The Basics
- Diet Goals – Why You Need Them & How to Set Them
- The Ultimate Guide to Counting Calories
- Calories in Calories Out (CICO) Effect on Fat Loss & Muscle Gain
- How to Calculate Your Daily Calorie Needs Accurately
- How many calories Do I Need to lose weight?
- How many calories Do I Need to lose FAT?
- What to Do When Weigh Loss Plateaus
- How many calories should I eat to gain muscle?
- How many calories do I need to maintain my weight?
- How many calories should I eat to build muscle and lose fat? (Recomp)
- What are carbohydrates? Why do we need them?
- Complex Carbs Vs Simple Carbs. Which is healthier?
- How much carbs do I need to build muscle?
- What is dietary fat? Why is fat essential to optimal health?
- Monounsaturated fat vs. polyunsaturated fats for muscle growth
- Saturated fat Vs Trans fat: The Healthier Option
- Eat more dietary fat to build more muscle and lose fat faster
- How much dietary fat do I need per day?
Misc. and myths
- Nutrient timing & meal frequency explained
- Clean eating food list. What should I eat?
- Carb cycling & intermittent fasting – Dieting tools
- How Dietary Fiber Can Help You Lose Weight
- What are workout supplements? A full guide
- Are supplements necessary? The truth
- The best muscle building supplements
- What is pre-workout? Is it safe?
- Do fat burners work?
- Miscellaneous supplements: Test boosters, nitric oxide & more
Putting it all together
This design-your-diet series was mainly inspired by fellow blogger Jay over at aworkoutroutine. Jay has a fantastic no b.s. blog about exercise and nutrition and I have personally learned a lot from him.
To my knowledge, he was the first one to put together a free comprehensive diet plan guide in an organized and detailed manner. Thus, I was inspired to make this design your own diet series. And even though I differ with Jay on many fundamental dietary components and ideas which are obviously included in my diet guide, I still think his diet guide is great and very informative. So, make sure you check it out!
What if I still have questions?
Feel free to drop any comments or questions in the last post of the diet designing series. This article can be accessed by clicking here. I will do my best to accommodate any requests and answer any questions as fast as possible.
Can anyone use this guide?
I don’t see any reason why anyone shouldn’t use this guide! Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced lifter, the same basics and dietary components will still apply to your diet plan. This guide will help you design your own customized diet plan no matter what level you are currently in.
Is there a similar training program design guide?
Not yet. That said, it’s on our to-do list! We will be putting something together shortly.
Can you create a diet plan for me?
Absolutely! Check out our premium online personal training plans. We have a team of experts who will design a complete lifestyle program for you including nutrition, training, and supplementation programs for an affordable price! Not sure? Our results speak for themselves!